Suzi had has no formal art education other than classes with local artists Wendy Gwirtzman, Sari Gaby, g.a. Sheller and Liz Durand. She has taken workshops with Doug Dawson, Mary Whyte, Robert Liberace, Robert Carsten, Liz Haywood Sullivan, Ellen Cooper, Elizabeth Robbins, Frank Serrano, Susan Lyon, Steven Assael, David Kassan and Jeffrey Hein.
Local Art Organization Affiliations:
The Rochester Art Club (President 2011-2014; Board member 2007-; Workshop Coordinator 2009-)
The Penfield Art Association (President 2009-2011)
The Main Street Artists Gallery and Studio (founder 2010)
The New York Figure Study Guild
Arts and Cultural Council of Rochester NY
Regional Art Organization Affiliations:
The Adirondack Pastel Society
The Pastel Society of Western New York
National Art Organization Affiliations:
The Salmagundi Club, NYC
The Portrait Society of America
The Pastel Society of America, Associate member
Oil Painters of America
- Suzi exhibits with the Rochester Art Club, The Main Street Artists Gallery & Studio, The New York Figure Study Guild and the Pastel Society of Western New York, and nationally.
- The Rochester Art Club 2009 Fall Show at Barnes & Noble, Pittsford, NY; 2010 "Music to my Eyes' show at the Phelps Art Center, Phelps NY, Rochester Art Club Spring show 2011 Merit Award
- 2008, 2009 ,2010,2011 ,2012 & 2013 juried into the Northeast National Pastel Exhibition, Old Forge, NY
- Juried into the 2010 Renaissance in Pastel National Exhibit, Mattutuck Museum, CT and won the Custom Frame & Safe Custom Framing Award, her first national award. Suzi has been juried into the 2011 and 2013 Renaissance in Pastel National Exhibition.
- 2012 Won Best in Show in the Women of the Finger Lakes Exhibition, Canandaigua, NY. In 2011 Suzi won an Honorable Mention in this show.
- 2014 Won the Lee Award at the Northeast National Pastel Exhibition, The View, Old Forge, NY.
- Juried into the 2015 Women Artists of the Finger Lakes Exhibition in Canandaigua, NY.
- Juried into the 2015 Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition at the Shirt Factory Gallery in Glens Falls, NY. Won the Adirondack Pastel Society's Bronze Award
- Juried into the 2015 UArt Online Pastel Competition and won the Caran D'Ache Special Award
- Juried into the 2015 Pastel Society of America's Enduring Brilliance International Pastel Exhibition at the National Arts Club, NYC.
- Juried into the 2015 Inaugural Founding Member's Exhibit of the Pastel Society of Western New York and won the Award of Excellence.
- Juried into the 2016 Hudson Valley Art Association's 83rd Annual National Exhibition at the Salmagundi Club, NYC
- Juried into the 2016 Arnot Art Museum Regional Exhibit with two of her paintings, 'I Have My Eye on You' and 'Jazz Hands IX'.
- Named a finalist in the 2016 Art Renewal Center's International Salon with 'I Have My Eye on You'.
- Juried into the 2017 Annual Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition. Won Outstanding Portrait for 'You Don't Know What I Know', pastel.
Suzi works in oil, pastel, watercolor,and colored pencil. Her subjects typically are portraits/figurative,pet portraiture and still life but she does landscapes periodically. Commissions are welcome! Please contact her via this website's contact form for pricing information regarding a commission.
1115 E. Main Street